Welcome to Wilcox Lumber!
Wilcox Lumber has been in business for over 100 years serving the communities of Naples, Cohocton, Prattsburgh, South Bristol, Avoca, Pulteney, Atlanta, and Middlesex with great products, great pricing, and our excellent customer service.
Our store is the 5th generation family business that was built on serving others. We take this to heart by greeting every customer that walks into our store with a friendly smile and a willing attitude to tackle that next project.
Wilcox Lumber offers an array of products at our physical location, but if we do not carry it in store, SHOP our online store with access to 67,000 items. To help make online shopping even easier, we offer FREE Ship-to-Store! We pride ourselves on providing the Ontario, Monroe, Yates counties with a variety of products, so feel free to stop in!
Albert H. Wilcox started a sawmill/lumber business in 1886 in Cohocton, NY. He was later joined by his son Henry P. Wilcox. In the 1920's, Henry's son, Lester, joined the firm. Lester expanded the business in 1934 with the purchase of the E.H. Pierce Lumber Co. in Naples, NY. He had a new store built in Naples at its current location in 1955. Lester's son, Robert joined the business in 1950. Robert oversaw the two-store operation for 41 years until his retirement in 1991. Robert's son, Alan J. Wilcox, joined the business in 1975 to become the 5th generation in the family business. In 1991, Alan purchased the business from Robert, at which time the Cohocton store was closed and the entire operation was centered in Naples, NY.